Friday, July 29, 2011

Day three: July 28, 2011

Today was a calm day at home (most of the time). I first woke up at 5:30 am, then forced myself back to sleep and woke again at 6:30 am (which is about 9:30 pm Tucson time). I fell asleep again and woke to my alarm at 8:30. I went to Anne’s apartment to have breakfast and was again greeted with a happy baby smile. Poor Henry is most likely starting to get his teeth. He was fussy as the day went on. After breakfast I helped Anne with some household chores and then Anne, Henry, and I took a walk around the area in which Anne lives. Henry got a good nape in. I took some pictures of the cute A-frame houses that are in the area. There are some beautiful flowers and backyards. It’s very picturesque. We walked to a shopping center that happened to have a Farmer’s Market going on. I told Anne I am tempted to try some Bratwurst. It smelled so good! Speaking of Bratwurst, there sure are a lot of wurst commercials on TV here. Hahaha.

We walked back to the apartment and she fed Henry lunch. I played with the baby for a bit, he threw up again (just a little), but thankfully not on me! Henry went down for another nap in the afternoon and I took care of some post cards and emails. After he woke up (around 4), we stopped at the Post Office so I can mail my post cards (some of you need to keep an eye on your mailbox). After that we came back and had something to eat. Then they brought me to their gym—a German gym. Haha. What a trip that was to compare it to what’s at home. You try running for 30 minutes not knowing how fast you’re going or how far you’re going because the treadmill read in kilometers per hour km/h. I’ll work on the conversion. The cool thing about that treadmill is that it had a fan built into it to keep you cool. Why don’t our treadmills have that?! I was so exhausted afterwards that I went to bed around 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment