Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day Eight: August 2, 2011




I am doing a post this evening since I am not sure if we will have internet where we are going for the weekend. Tomorrow (Wed) we are headed to Rostock to say at Peter's sister's apartment. Rostock is about 2 hours east of Hamburg on the Baltic Sea. We will stay there until Sunday.

This afternoon we went to the Hagenbeck Zoo in Hamburg. We took the highway (what they call the Autobahn....see the Autobahn is not one particular road and no we didn't go 200 mph. There was a lot of traffic this afternoon. It was like driving in Queens). It was Henry's first time at the zoo and he seemed to enjoy what he saw of it. He napped a bit but did watch the elephants and geese. It was a well kept zoo. All the animals were cared for and seemed happy. The elephants were allowed to be fed by the visitors and if they were given a coin the elephants gave the coin to the zookeepers behind them. There were a lot of interns there learning how to care for the animals. It was a lovely day today for the zoo. In the mid to upper 70s and sunny. There were some interesting animals there, but what really made me laugh was a Guinea Pig enclousure. Yes that's right. They had guinea pigs at the zoo. They had them set up in a little village with a barn, a church, and other cute buildings.

It's a rather short entry today, I have a bit of a headache so I don't have too much to say. But it was a nice afternoon. Tonight is my last night in my little apartment. I will stay in Anne & Peter's apartment on Sunday and Monday night.

Maybe I will update tomorrow? We shall see. I must go keep an eye on Henry now while Anne tidies up the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment